Hitched For The Second Time


Last night I decided to watch the movie “Hitch” for the second time on TV since I enjoyed the movie so much in my first. However, in my second trial, I realized why I fell in love with this movie, simply because it presents life expectation on love in a much realistic way from the simplest principle (i.e. Why do we fall in love?) to the most complicated principle that people have a hard time to maintain (i.e. How can I keep my love for that person going?). I picked three memorable quotes from the movie and I would like to analyze them with you all. Please share your thoughts about these manners and principles, surely, you have totally different opinions than the ones I presented here. Note that I’m not bashing the female perspective here, but I’m just explaining my point of view to you…just as you always do.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.


I decided to choose this one as the first one because it is so realistic to real life, yet people don’t realize that at all. One of the things that women complain about men is they tend “not to tell the truth” in every single moment they share together, neglecting the fact that what the man is trying to do is to keep her happy, protect her from harm, and shielding her from any negative thoughts that might arouse in her mind. Simply because, men HATE arguments or debates in interpersonal relationships (sure, they like to debate in politics and in sports) but in terms of relationships they try to avoid them because they NEVER win. Seriously, girls, how many times have you believed your man’s words or at least consider his point of view…I will guess very seldom (or in the other hand, some women are so gullible that they believe the obvious, harmful lies). Back to the quote, the “cheating death” line is a good one, because if we are really in love with our partners than we have to survive and enjoy our lives as much possible, so they can enjoy the life with us too.

So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.


This is so true. One of things that I notice when I explore female blogs is that they always complain that the right guy hasn’t showed up yet, or they don’t know what to do to get the right guy in. Honey, if you always think like that…then you will never find true love. Simply because true love is always unexpected and you don't really know when it is going to hit you. But when in does, you will know, simply because you will start “enjoy life even more” and you will want to maintain that love for the rest of your life and “wonder how you ever lived without him.” I’m not saying that you jus have tot lay there and wait for the man to swoop you from your feet, because, we all know that will never happen; however, you need to make efforts for that love to exist…and I mean realistic efforts, away from the false hope syndrome that most women get trapped into.

I'm a guy. Since when do we get anything right the first time?


Exactly, men aren’t as perfect as women when it comes to relationships (although this might not be always the case). Women tend to be perfectionists when it comes to relationships, thus, any mistake the man might commit, a catastrophic explosion results. So, some women lack patience with their partners; they expect their men to behave like noble princes and be able to maintain their happiness all the time. Well, sorry to break the news for you hun, but princes also make mistakes (you will be surprised how many times that it takes for the fairytales prince to get the job right via trial-and-error). Thus, if you want to maintain that love, then, you will have to see your man in every single step…just like your baby.

******************
NOTE
******************
Make sure to read Adorra's comment below as she points well-addressed thoughts.

8 Responses to "Hitched For The Second Time"

adorra (visit their site)

I understand how you can analyze that through an obviously bias male point of view but here's what I think:

1)Regardless of why the man lied it's still considered a lie. We (being women) don't need lies to make us happy. We don't need a man who thinks that he can shelter us from harm and who lies to because he can't confront problems. If something is going on then be straight forward because that's the only way you'll ever be able to fix it. The more lies you tell the more it accumulates to something bigger and the outcome of it will be much worse. I for one don't want a man lying to me under any circumstance. I'd rather he be a man about it and tell me the truth and we'll take it from there.

2) I sort of agree with you but not entirely. I do think that women and men should stop wondering about love and where it is and how to get it but I do think that if they see a prospect of love that they should go for it and work hard because love doesn't always come with a blink of the eye. Most of the time, you need to work really hard and maintain a healthy relationship before you can feel it.

3) SO WRONG SO SEXIST. Women aren't perfectionists by nature. Women work really hard and sacrifice a lot for a relationship and that's why when a man takes it for granted or doesn't care as much or doesn't work on it as hard as she does, she'll get pissed off and IT IS a big deal. She is a perfectionist because she cares about it so much that it's a priority and in order for her to feel safe and secure she wants that feeling reciprocated. I'm not saying that men shouldn't make mistakes, they're only human BUT we are not going to baby them because they aren't mature enough to maintain a relationship by themselves. Some men are very capable of satisfying their women and showering them with love and affection so other men better live up to it or else their women are going to leave them for men who actually care enough to take responsibility for their actions and work on perfecting their behavior.

ta3abt :-p

The Solar Alchemist (visit their site)

I've seen what you have to say (fallen) and I've read what (adorra) said
so here's what i have to say

1)Let me just say that I cannot tell a lie it's beyond me, even a white lie! but what must be remembered is that women will often bend reality i.e. they are sometimes not totally honest with what they think and honestly I've seen this a lot and it drives me crazy. and ladies keep in mind that we will almost never be able to pick up on what is being said between the lines, so just say what you think already!!!!!!!!!!!

2)Love will come weather we want it to or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3)what I can say about this is yes most women work hard to maintain relationships, but you also have to know that men were never really taught to deal with relationships so a lot of us tend to screw things up! so I think it's up to both sides to learn to be patient with each other!

The Solar Alchemist (visit their site)

oh and

"Shot Gun"
just cause no one called it :p

One_Kuw (visit their site)

great love comes by it self,
________________
Out of Coverage :

God help me finding the girl i want. the problem is I am an ugly guy, no one likes me :(
i need to meet a social advisor, ....
but remember, when I get confused, I was Hungry and suffering headache, therefore, i can choose what I want to eat,also because i have no Idea what is the food in this restaurent, therefore, i go and ask the experts, who have a experience in restaurents, its nothing to do with self confidency.... :p

Bella Color (visit their site)

WoW kela hatha 6ela3 min Hitch... I guess Will Smith was ur male-muse for this post ;)

"if u must lie, lie in the arms that u love" heeeeey i didnt like this part of the quote. Men booden shay they lie, so dont give them excuses (excluding u Angel ;P)

I cant live without my friends, does that count??

LoooooooooooL the last quote cracked me up!!!! Im happy that their are men out there who admit that they dont usually get things right the 1st time!!!
We dont expect men to act like 'noble prines' when they first get to know them, bas later on lazim! hehehehehe... Honestly speaking, women are patient; in general they are have more patience then men on many different levels, such as women have a greater threshold of handling pain then men (e.g. child birth. if men gave birth, i think they would of died in the first trimeseter)... Women are forced to have patience when dealing with men :p

Basi lana bada3at ;D

Angelo (visit their site)

@Adorra: First of all, thank you for all the hard work responding to my post...I realize that was exhausting.

Now, I would like to point something that kinda upset me a little, in which, I'm so NOT sexist. In fact, I humbly admit that I'm a big time feminist...I hope you thought that my ideas might be sexist not altogether sexist…as a person. Finally, I want to say that every person is biased toward his gender...surely, you cannot deny that.

OK, I'll go over on every statement you made:

1) You misunderstood the type of lying here. For example, most women ask their men if they look skinny on a dress...surely, even if she does look a bit overweight wearing it, he won't answer it affirmatively because it would make her mad. In fact, SOME women ask these kind questions to satisfy the "unconscious" narcissistic feature. Another type is when men avoid bashing the women's skills ranging from kitchen skills to bed skills, simply to avoid debates and upsetting them in the process. And most men do that in a mean of love, although it might not seem so.
“But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.”

2) I also totally agree on your point here...maybe I didn't phrase my words right but this is what I meant.

3) My point here doesn't satisfy all women...some women are in fact perfectionist. For example, how do you explain when SOME women talk about everything their men do to their female friends. Some of these problems are really minor but they tend to exaggerate them to a much bigger context. However, I agree that some women are not selfish at all and I should have pointed that...so, that's why I'm going to update my post and add a notice so other people can read cuz I think your points are very articulate and very organized.

@The Solar Alchemist:
ughhh, why did you just shoot me…LOL kidding :)

Yes, it seems you understood my points exactly…I love your thoughts and how you put them…maybe even better than mine ^_^

@One_Kwt: LOL, my friend it seems you indeed lack SOME confidence, otherwise, you won’t admit that you are an ugly person and that you do lack friends; because, even if these are true, people won’t openly mention them like that. Anyway, there’s no such thing as an ugly person…everybody is beautiful in their own way. That’s why if you have confidence in yourself and in your looks, you wouldn’t have hard time dating girls and establishing friendship with other people. However, if you insist that you are not good looking then there are MANY things you can do. For example, be more conscious on the clothes you wear, try working out in the gym for couple of months and sculpt that body. Then, start working on your social skills, and read some Men magazines (such as Men’s Health), they had tons of info from experts on how to build a good character. Finally, denial won’t get you nowhere…cuz, being hungry and having headaches is a lame excuse to ask other people to choose food for you LOOOL.

So there you have it, I hope you won’t get offended, because there is no reason to be. In fact, I admire your courage to admit that you have some problem…so you are one step closer to the goal you are trying to achieve.

Bella: LOL, that was cute comment Bella, and again, I love how you illustrate your points there. You might want to read my response to Adorra’s comment. Bas el9ara7, 7adech bada3ti…as a matter of fact, I cannot remember a time you didn’t ^_^

Bella Color (visit their site)

LooooL tawni astaweeb what i wrote...

Type-O...

To make myself more clear is that men cant handle pregancy or giving birth... :D

oooooh thanx Angel :)

Marzouq (visit their site)

I really liked that movie too..

it hit the spot, that true love doesnt just happen you have to work on it..

the one thing that is true to me is that you dont know that it has happened but you wonder how you lived without that person, but no matter what its never completely perfect, but its the complications and working through the problems that make things great and you get closer to that person..

In life problems either make you or break you. Its the same in relationships.. it can only become stronger with time..